General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
As a business owner, one of the most impactful ways to protect your business financially is by having general liability insurance. General liability insurance may provide financial protection if your business is found liable for claims involving bodily injuries or property damage.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance is part of a business insurance policy that helps protect businesses from financial losses and legal liabilities that may arise due to their operations, products or services.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance typically includes the following three coverages:
Why Do You Need General Liability Insurance?
- Third-party bodily injury coverage may help pay for medical bills if someone is injured in your place of business.
- Third-party property damage coverage may help pay for expenses if you or your employee damage someone else’s property.
- Libel, slander, copyright and advertising injury coverage may help cover defense costs if you are sued for harming a third party’s reputation or making false claims.
General liability insurance is essential for the following reasons:
- Legal protection—Accidents and unforeseen events can happen in any business. If someone is injured or their property is damaged due to your business activities, they may sue you for damages. General liability insurance may help protect you from potential legal claims and the associated costs.
- Medical expenses—If someone is injured on your business premises or by your products or services, general liability insurance may cover their medical expenses, reducing the financial burden on your business.
- Property damage—Accidental damage to someone else’s property caused by your business operations can be costly to repair or replace. General liability insurance may help cover these expenses.
- Personal injury claims—General liability insurance may also provide coverage for claims related to defamation, slander or false advertising that may arise during your business activities.
- Contract requirements—Many clients or business partners may require you to have general liability insurance before entering into a contract. This insurance may make your business more attractive to potential clients and help you secure contracts.
- Peace of mind—Running a business comes with inherent risks. Having general liability insurance offers peace of mind, knowing that you have financial protection in case of unexpected events.
It’s important to note that general liability insurance may not cover all types of risks; depending on your business, you may need additional or specialized coverage such as professional liability insurance, product liability insurance or cyber liability insurance. Contact Merritt Hall Insurance to discuss your insurance needs. We can help recommend liability coverage based on your business’s size, industry, geographic location and risk potential.